TERMS AND CONDITIONS / PURCHASE POLICY OF ZEST EVENT
Welcome to the ZEST booking facility (hereinafter referred to as “the Site”).
1. Kindly read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Site and/or placing a booking for the ZEST event. By using and accessing the Site and/or placing a booking for the ZEST event you are considered as a “User” and are signifying your agreement with the terms and conditions contained hereunder.
2. The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) operates and controls this Site and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms and Conditions at any time and with immediate effect upon publication of any such changes however so described on the Site. The use by you of the Site signifies that you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates.
3. ZEST Malta 2017 is a conference organised by the MCA to be held in Malta on 19 and 20 September 2017. The conference is being organised in collaboration with the event partners listed on www.zest.org.mt.
– Mailing List
4. By registering as a web user, you are agreeing to be sent further information and updates on the event by the MCA. Should you wish to unsubscribe, an email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Booking platform
5. When booking, the User agrees to use Eventbrite as the event ticketing platform. The MCA is not liable for any loss or damage however so described resulting from services provided by Eventbrite or other parties involved in ticketing and payment processing.
6. All bookings are final and are non-refundable subject to the cancellation policy for the event in question. You are responsible for submitting the correct details in the necessary fields of the online booking form including the correct event and date. The MCA cannot be held responsible for any errors or loss.
– Proof of Purchase/Booking
7. A ticket issued by Eventbrite shall constitute as proof of purchase. A valid ticket must be presented, in printed or electronic format, upon entrance to the event. The MCA shall not be liable for any deletion, loss or theft of proof of purchase.
– Price of the ticket
8. The price of entrance to ZEST may vary at any time prior to the holding of the event.
– Variation of Programme of Events and Cancellations
9. Bookings are made subject to the MCA’s right to alter or vary the pre-advised programme of the event due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control and with no obligation to refund the monies already paid.
10. MCA reserves the right to cancel bookings which it reasonably suspects of having been made fraudulently.
11. In the unlikely event of cancellation, the MCA will refund the paid registration fees less any credit card and payment processing fees that have been incurred or deducted.
12. By booking access to events online you undertake that the tickets are not for resale. Unlawful resale (including the attempted unlawful resale) of a booking, is a valid reason for cancellation of such a booking without entitlement to a refund or other compensation.
– Other Unauthorised Behaviour
13. Bookings shall not be used for advertising (in print and online), promotions, contests or as prizes without the MCA’s prior written authorisation. Even if such consent is obtained, the use of MCA’s logos, name and other intellectual property in whatever format and/or place shall also be subject to MCA’s prior written consent and any conditions that may be attached thereto. The MCA will undertake the appropriate legal action if there is unauthorised use of its events, logos, name and other intellectual property.
14. The MCA and its partners will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any person or property as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. The MCA will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any person or property sustained during the holding of any event.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
15. Unless explicitly expressed by the User, information about the User will be shared with other attendees strictly for business networking purposes.
16. By attending the event, you consent that the MCA or its authorised representatives film and sound record you as an event attendee, and that you understand that such media, including, but not limited to, videos and photos can be used in post-event promotional activity.
17. MCA owns copyright on all intellectual property rights related to ZEST. Consequently any person who acts in breach of such rights shall be liable at law to the MCA.
18. These terms and conditions are subject to the Laws of Malta and any disputes arising out of any transaction with the MCA are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese Courts.